Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”)
SOAR respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects you to do the same. Per the DMCA, SOAR will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement on the Site if submitted to SOAR’s Copyright Agent as described below. Upon receipt of a notice alleging copyright infringement, SOAR will take whatever action it deems appropriate within its sole discretion, including removal of the allegedly infringing materials.
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been violated by SOAR or by a third party who has uploaded materials to the Site, please provide the following information to SOAR’s designated Copyright Agent below:
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- An address, telephone number, and email address where SOAR can contact you and, if different, an email address where the alleged infringing party, if not SOAR can contact you;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use is not authorized by the copyright owner or other intellectual property rights owner, by its agent, or by law;
- A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
- Your electronic or physical signature.
SOAR may request additional information before removing any allegedly infringing material. In the event SOAR removes the allegedly infringing materials, SOAR will immediately notify the person responsible for posting such materials that SOAR removed or disabled access to the materials. SOAR may also provide the responsible person with your email address so that the person may respond to your allegations.
SOAR reserves the right to terminate, limit or suspend any user’s access to the Site in the event of repeated infringing activity. If you believe that a user of this Site is a repeat infringer, please follow the above instructions to contact SOAR’s Copyright Agent. Please include sufficient information to assist SOAR in determining that the user repeatedly engaged in infringing activity.
SOAR is authorized to use the National Association of Realtors® (NAR) Copyright Agent. NAR registered a designated agent with the Copyright Office pursuant to 17 U.S.C 512(c). NAR’s designated Copyright Agent is:
Ralph W. Holmen
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
430 N. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60611